Tuesday, February 2, 2016

BOOK REVIEW # 2016-021 - JAKE: KINKY IN KANSAS

Wanting to find something else to occupy my free time besides my writing in August 2014 I decided to become a Book Reviewer. When I started reviewing books, being the person I am, I would shy away from reading all erotic romance novels, especially those which are considered to be GLBT. But now I’m opened to reading/reviewing any and all genres.

Jake by Bea LaRocca is the first truly manage-a-trois involving three males I’ve read. One of these three males, Jake, is a true virgin—a virgin who’s never been even kissed by a female or male.

Jake hasn’t told anyone he considers himself to be gay, however that changes the moment he takes a job as ranch-hand in training at the Striker Ranch. It is there Jake’s true self begins to surface the moment he sees the ranch boss Jackson, and his main honcho Nate; and senses a deep physical attraction towards both of them he can’t really explain.

As in any manage-a-trois, Ms. LaRocca made sure sex played an extremely important part her storyline. But instead of merely having these sex scenes involving an empty shell of characters, she has also allowed for the character development of her three main characters, making sure they become real in her readers minds. And to hold everything together as someone reads “Jake” she threw in some drama and mystery.

For helping me expand my reach of genres to read/review and for having written a story which moves in an enjoyable, cohesive manner I’m giving Ms. LaRocca 5 STARS.  

I received a e-book copy of this book during the 2nd week of The Romance Reviews Year End Splash Party and the above has been my honest opinion.


UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00R1SMPGQ

No comments:

Post a Comment